Sunday, August 12, 2012

I did it!


Well I got my tattoo!  And I love it!  Regardless of how you personally feel about it, I'm guessing no one will have the nerve to debate me on it right now. It's a beautiful memorial of Stephanie.
I designed it myself. It's my first and probably only, though it wasn't that painful. I just never had the desire until I lost Stephanie. I wanted it so people ask me about her. I want to talk about her. I do not want her to be forgotten! She is as real to me as my 5 living children.  For those who think it's controversial.  I have thought long and hard about this.  I got the opinion of 3 different pastors.  Two said there was no violation in scripture, one believes it is.  I believe this is a Roman's 14 disputable matter and is no different than piercing your ears.  I've prayed about it and am at peace with the decision. 

The ladybug is our "symbol" of Stephanie.  Her name means "crown". The gem in the crown is a ruby (the July birthstone). The water lily is one of the July birth month flowers.

1 comment:

  1. I like it...where is it, on your forearm? I look forward to seeing it in person. Thanks for making me cry tonight. I'm so thankful that God hears our cries and catches our tears. I love you sister...I love the songs. You keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete