Monday, October 29, 2012

God doesn't always call the equipped, but He will equip the called...

Jon and I attended a marriage conference called Weekend to Remember put on by Family Life.  It was a very refreshing time away.  It was so nice to just be Jon and Sara for the weekend.  We missed our girls but just being alone together for the entire weekend was so amazing!  Anyway, God seems to be opening up a new chapter in our lives.  It's amazing to see Him doing His work.  While at the conference they discussed how we (the attendees) can help.  There are many ways.  From supporting with prayer or finances to volunteering to help bring a Weekend to Remember event to the area in which you live all the way to joining the support Staff as a Missionary.  We are not sure exactly where God is directing but we feel certain that He is calling us into this ministry to help build healthy marriages and families!  Crazy you say?  Yeah I thought so too when Jon dragged me to those sessions 2 years ago, (I truly thought to myself, "Are you insane, I have absolutely no interest in that!") but after seeing what God has done in the last 15 weeks since Stephanie died, I am more convinced of His abilities to make something out of nothing than I EVER have been.  Joining the Staff as a Missionary would require raising support.  Surprisingly, that doesn't intimidate me at all.  If God is truly directing us that way, He WILL supply the support, I have no doubt what-so-ever!  Please pray that we will continue to seek His will in this (and all) areas of our lives and that it will be abundantly clear to us what to pursue.

No comments:

Post a Comment